Sign in to follow this  
Shady

Whats the engine worth?

Just after some very serious opinions?

Whats my 1.8L engine worth? I am looking at taking the engine & 'box out & swapping over to something else in the distant future - so was wondering what I'd be looking at selling my engine for? I will be doing a few small mods to if "for now" just to tickle my "itch" until Im ready to do a conversion to something so engine wont be completely standard - eg exhaust, CAI, new leads/plugs, currently has new belts but may redo them again when I remove it - will basically give it a good service before removable. So what prices would I be able to sell it for generally? eg- engine with box would be the best way to go or seperate?

I wont be doing a conversion for at least nearly a year (hence the reason of doing small mods) so just looking at what I could get for it when I DO, do the conversion. <_<

EDIT: Box may need a small rebuild as it slips from 1st - 2nd - or could be less minor I dunno? But 3rd & 4th are all good. And engine idles OK (hence why I will give it a small service soon & tune etc cos I want to). And its only done 180 000ish Ks - all legit.

Edited by Shady

Motor, between $200 and $400 depending on demand at the time, and condition. Auto box with a problem, probably nothing, but you may be lucky, doesn't seem to be much demand for auto boxes.

You will struggle to give it away. Unless you find someone who needs one, then you might get a decent amount for it. But you will probally have to hang on to it for a long time.

I dont mind holding onto it. I may store it away & use it as a "dumby" for me to learn more about engines. Maybe do a small rebuild on it (all this after I do my conversion) just so I can continue learning stuff. Like my Probe engine - I am doing a rebuild on that so I can learn more about engines and what bit does what & how to replace/repair it etc etc.

But if someone came along wanting one, then I'd flick it off. :)

I bought an m10 for $100. Took it to bits, mucked around etc. Sold it for $100 when I was done.

My old M40 is going to be a boat anchor. Mainly because they do a better job at that than they do powering E30's :ph34r:

My old M40 is going to be a boat anchor. Mainly because they do a better job at that than they do powering E30's :ph34r:

Haha thats so true. Slug of a thing. But never no, may be someone out there who will blow a head or something but doesnt want a bigger motor ---- will see.

My m20b20 sat around for a few months on trademe for $50. I thought someone would want it, especially with the e30 series. Ended up scrapping it.

Just after some very serious opinions?

Whats my 1.8L engine worth? I am looking at taking the engine & 'box out & swapping over to something else in the distant future - so was wondering what I'd be looking at selling my engine for? I will be doing a few small mods to if "for now" just to tickle my "itch" until Im ready to do a conversion to something so engine wont be completely standard - eg exhaust, CAI, new leads/plugs, currently has new belts but may redo them again when I remove it - will basically give it a good service before removable. So what prices would I be able to sell it for generally? eg- engine with box would be the best way to go or seperate?

I wont be doing a conversion for at least nearly a year (hence the reason of doing small mods) so just looking at what I could get for it when I DO, do the conversion. <_<

EDIT: Box may need a small rebuild as it slips from 1st - 2nd - or could be less minor I dunno? But 3rd & 4th are all good. And engine idles OK (hence why I will give it a small service soon & tune etc cos I want to). And its only done 180 000ish Ks - all legit.

id buy the 1.8 off ya pm me if youare going to get rid of it cheers

id buy the 1.8 off ya pm me if youare going to get rid of it cheers

Not atm. Maybe sometime early/mid next year after I sell my Honda Inspire to Fund my conversion, I will be removing the 1.8L. Are you wanting one as replacement or spare? I could keep in touch with you if you like if you need just as a spare?

I couldnt give away my mint auto trans aye.