Sign in to follow this  
edhardley

Some good pads for e36...

The brake pads on my 328 are worn, particularly the rears, so time to replace them. The car doesn't go on the track but it gets some hard wear so looking for something above stock. Any recommendations?

cheers for any help.

Performance Friction Z-Rated from either Performance Friction Brakes Australia, or BimmerWorld:

www.performancefrictionbrakes.com.au

www.bimmerworld.com

Stock pads are really good and reasonable money - I had Mintex 1166 and 1144 in mine but went back to stock and I hammer the brakes on the road.

When you say you went back to stock/OEM, did you mean because there was no difference (the mintex wernt any better)??

I'm looking at Mintex, Brembo or EBC, they all seem pretty good and easy get, but not sure what's best...

Hmm cheers, will have to have a think about it. Not to fussed about quicker wearing rotors or even bit dustier wheels if they are noticably better than stock, but if there realy no better on the road, may go with stock.

Just get some good quality slotted rotors, like Brembo's and use genuine pads. I've done this with mine and have no problem with the brakes. Legal braided lines and good quality brake fluid would also help.