Sign in to follow this  
StylesM5

1991 E34 M5

NEW PRICE, NOW $26,500

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction...asp?id=19860280

1991 E34 M5

NZ New, Genuine M5. Chassis # WBS GA 25279.

This car is number 1 of 5 E34 M5’s imported new to NZ by BMW NZ. This car was the BMW NZ GM’s personal car for 6 months before being sold to the first of 3 owners.

Hand built in August 1990, it was first registered in NZ in January 1991.

The car has travelled 191,xxx kms and has a full service history with Jerry Claytons, Autohaus (Rotorua) and Bavarian Motors. Recent upgrades include a new water pump and front shock absorbers (now Bilstein). The original self levelling rear suspension remains.

The car has been meticulously maintained by all three owners and was a member of the 3 car BMW club concours team in 2001.

The M5 has a 3.6 litre motor generating 232kW (315 HP) reaching 100km/h in 6.3 seconds and going on to an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/h (155 m/h). Seating 5 adults in comfort, it is a great family supercar. It runs on genuine forged alloy 17 inch rims with the later 3.8 litre throwing star magnesium inserts.

The car is genuine in all respects with the only alteration being the fitment of a later model single CD Blaupunkt 30w stereo. The interior consists of half leather seats (bolster and headrests) with motorsport trimmed cloth centre inserts.

The ideal Christmas present for the enthusiast looking to own a genuine Motorsport classic.

Genuine buyers, please give me a call anytime on 021 511 843 for a test drive. Evidence of ability to pay may be required.

Cheers, Jock

Edited by StylesM5

Two E34 M5's reside here in Ch-ch (I'm assuming they're genuine.. - definately had the looks) Both parked on the same street :D

Mind you trademe is selling a few ///M badges lately....

Edited by Surge

an //M badge is one thing,but there is one SURE way to check

Posted Image

and it aint the only the M power valve covers......

does anyone know if there are any 3.8L m5s here,pref black on black????? :huh:

3.8's have the oil filler at the front over the cam chain and also have individual coils on each spark plug.

Can't beat those individual throttle bodies though ay! Maybe 3 twin choke Webbers might do! :D

Cheers, Jock

I can only begin to imagine what a 3.8 m5 is like....so close to 100 kw MORE than y 535...sheesh 211 hp vs 340. :o:DB)

You think 340 is good, pop down to Jerry or Bob's and ask for a drive in an E39 M5 at 400hp. Pretty good at 120km/h in the wet, DSC off, 3rd gear and floor it. Beautifully controllable powerslide.

It's what I've loved about the E34 too, you get a full warning on everything that is about to happen, and when it does, it's so controllable.

Can't wait for the E60, only 507 HP :blink: Also wouldn't mind a drive in an E55 Merc with 1000nm of tourque. :D

Cheers, Jock

You'd hate the E55 Jock. It's a tank with bad suspension and an agricultural traction control. With it off however, it's a sideways beast. Won't tell you where I've had a mates one sideways for ages. But it was fun and made more smoke than a Bond car.

Still hate the shape of the new 5 Series. I'm hanging out for the M6.

Good luck with it.

Thanks Cain

Andrew, the ultimate 5 car garage, IMHO.

Wifes car, 330 conv

My day car, 530d

Tow car/family wagon, X7 (when they bring it out)

Play car, 575 Maranello or McLaren F1

Race Car, M Coupe

.....but I'm replacing it with a Mumble mumble Ford territory. It's what fits the bill at the moment and I can't afford any of the above!!

I've just bought a 1983 Toyota AE86 with 2 litre 3SGE in it. 220 hp in 900kg. Yeeha. Good and fun for Targa.

Cheers, Jock

Great Dave

Throw the V10 in it and then we're really talking, yeeeeeeehha :o

yea i didnt like it at first but once u spend time around one and see them more it will grow on u but if it doesnt u will never like it

until u drive the new m5 then u will change ur mind

I agree with Bimmer Boy, you can't see the ugly ass from the drivers seat. Why do you think all our wive's and girlfriends have to ask us if their ass is too big!! :rolleyes:

Guest Andrew

Dave: can u please send pics to dave@bimmersport.co.nz, brother is interested and price is right!

Just to let you know peoples, that I sold the old girl today <big lump in the throat, sob, sob> :(

Got the 25k I was asking in the end and it's gone to a genuine enthusiast in Taupo who I think will treat it as it is meant to be treated. With tender care and the odd good thrashing. He's looking to sell his NZ new 635 csi if anyone is interested. Just PM me or email on jock@projectmax.co.nz

I happened to be coming back up from Napier when he phoned me and so I called in with all the family and 300kg worth of sh*t in the boot and roof box and he basically bought it on the spot. I couldn't leave the family on the side of the road, so had a really good drive up through the back way via Whakamaru, Mangakino and Kihikihi. Saw some insanely illegal speeds while the wife was asleep next to me!!

I'll miss the old girl when she goes next weekend, but I'm already looking forward to my next beemer, an M coupe with a roll cage :mosh:

Cheers guys, Jocko