Sign in to follow this  
Simo

Convertible roof trim

Having trouble locating an auto trim wholesaler so I can get some roof trim parts, anyone know of a company I can contact? Having made inquires at a couple of car upholsteriers, they want to replace the window....and dry clean the wallet as usual, the windows fine just needs the strip. So, I need the vinyl/rubber strip that runs around the exterior of the rear window. Also an interior part that holds the lining to the rear part of the frame, its a clip-on plastic tube that holds the tension in the lining evenly across the roof. Thanks in advance

Contacted Retro Vehicle Enhancements?

Thanks for the info, I went to see these guys, spoke to Simon who advised on completely replacing the back window.......cost..... well call it a quite few hundies, so I have continued the search for the trim, Reid & Twiname in Penrose have the right trim and will get this tomorrow. With some assistance from wanabe BMW driver (16 year son) & some Superglue Gel, I think I might have solved the problem. Thanks for the referral, although it didnt work out I appreciate your help

Talked to Auckland Auto Trimmers in Grey Lynn? if they are still there

They're part of Retro.

With some trim from Reid & Twiname, I fixed the convertible back window, took 4 hours of feeding the lining into the trim, looks great and is better that the original due to the shape of the trim profile. Just fixing the internal lining in the rear section in the top of the back window velcroed and its all finished. Howeever Murphy always interferes, the drive home, just go off the mo'way, and it "the engine" just stops dead, restart just splutted and stopped, fuel line, fuel filters, fuel pump or the whole lot. - Hate driving in tow trucks, as there is an inevitiblity where the buck stops - just in front of the EFTPOS terminal...

Edited by Simo