Sign in to follow this  
twisted

WTB: M60B40 MAF sensor

You unlucky bastard. These arnt cheap. Mine also kicked the bucket.

Have a chat to Glenn, he helped me with getting a new one for a bit cheaper.

You unlucky bastard. These arnt cheap. Mine also kicked the bucket.

Have a chat to Glenn, he helped me with getting a new one for a bit cheaper.

Yup. I have exceptionally bad luck with MAFs/AFMs. Had to replace the one on my legacy too, $600 for a common as muck jappa!

Even worse is i'm not 100% sure thats the problem. What i do know though, is that when the mechanic was doing the intake seals, he said there was a code stored that the maf was not getting enough air. Initially i put that down to the absolutely filthy air filter that was in the car when i bought it, which has now been replaced. Mostly, the car runs great now, except a slight miss at idle and very slight backfiring on trailing throttle when cold, or in 'S' mode. This goes away when i unplug the Maf, so I'm 90% sure the Maf is the cause. I've tried CRC afm cleaner, to no avail.

Might just have to bite the bullet and get a new one. Will see what comes up in the next week or so.

If its the MAF reading low air, its exactly what happend to my e46 glenn got me a cheaper one from bosch i think it was around $750 - its all fixed now, i tried cleaning all mine with CRC Air mass sensor cleaner but had to bite the bullet as you say.

Thanks! :) I have sorted one through HellBM though.

APT: Yup, thats the exact error i had... Slowly getting the car sorted though!