Sign in to follow this  
User Name

Ignition Leads

Hi Guys

Im wanting to upgrade my ignition leads on my car

i know going wasted spark is prob the way to go but dont have the cash to do it on two diffrent cars spec seen one doesnt have a ecu and trying to get the correct timing would be hell for me

does anyone know a real good set of leads to get with least risistance - figure this maybe my issue for loss of power on both my cars

Guest FrantiC

Ignition leads will do NOTHING on a standard car running standard ignition.

What ECU's are these cars running ? What mods ?

If they are standard, then it will more likely be something needs replacing such as ignition rotor, dizzy cap, sparkplugs, fuel filter etc etc.

On the Bimmer just running standard motronic, alfa doesnt have anything its running Carbs

Rotors have being replaced on both cars, Dizzy on alfa changed. on the Bimmer seems like it might be second hand (came with car and has writting on it but all connectors look fine and newish , new fuel filter (nearly went blind putting it in)

Tried diffrent types of spark plugs on the bimmer that i had arround no change - seems sick between 2-3.5k rpm could be the low ratio diff and cant afford to get it tunned not that i would trust neone in welly to do this - spec after the crap jobs ive seen arround on other cars

i think ultimatly im just a complainer and wont the car to run better than it should.

i had checked the resistance on the leads and changed them to spares i had and sometimes i notice a diffrence other times i dont