Sign in to follow this  
mr_vtec

BMW turbocharging

Hi, does anyone know who/what/where i would have to see/do/go to get advice about turbocharging an E36 3 Series? its a 316i sedan, so pretty gutless, but its manual!!! been looking hard for one ay, and one came up, not that many manuals with low kms on it

was just considering my options whether it would be worth looking at turbocharging it, i was thinking of turning it into a project

cheers guys

hold yeh horses, MYSTRO is getting his supercharger mounted this weekend, im using him as my test dummy. Its a supra supercharger. Getting done professionally. Id wait and see how his goes an see how many troubles he has with it, thats what im doing, so il have a good idea in the new year as to whether im keen or not. Cost round $3000 to have it done with all the computer and little gizmos. :mosh:

Guest Andrew

hold yeh horses, MYSTRO is getting his supercharger mounted this weekend, im using him as my test dummy. Its a supra supercharger. Getting done professionally. Id wait and see how his goes an see how many troubles he has with it, thats what im doing, so il have a good idea in the new year as to whether im keen or not. Cost round $3000 to have it done with all the computer and little gizmos. :mosh:

cept mystro has a 325i -

I personally wouldn't bother with a 316 - not the best motor for the boost. Save your money and go for something with a nicer engine.

3000 sounds a little cheap to me?

actually... how much do you think i could sell it for

1997 BMW 316i, 5spd manual, full leather, sony cd player, 10cd stacker, 70,000kms, nz new, usual bmw electrics etc, 4dr sedan

what do you guys think i could get if i put it up for sale? its a nice car but i need something a bit more gutsy i guess

Guest Andrew

actually... how much do you think i could sell it for

1997 BMW 316i, 5spd manual, full leather, sony cd player, 10cd stacker, 70,000kms, nz new, usual bmw electrics etc, 4dr sedan

what do you guys think i could get if i put it up for sale? its a nice car but i need something a bit more gutsy i guess

around 10000 - 11000 depending on condition. Probably worth 4000 - 5000 as a trade.

Hi

You guys were saying there are a place call Stewert European on the shore that do the work? do they do supercharge or turbo charge?

Either on, do you guys have a contact of that place by chance?

CHEERS GUYZ :huh: