Sign in to follow this  
mivtec

E36 radiator

Well about 8,000k ago my radiator neck snapped off and replaced with a new radiator, while i was there the garage replaced the hoses, however today the hose just blew off coolant went everywhere and car temp rocketed, so i stopped, waited to get some more coolant delivered and bled it and topped it up, got home all good. But why would the hose blow off, would it be because it wasnt tightened done by the garage properly? or is there too much pressure buildup? I just dont want this to happen again, as one day i may not notice the temp rising and cook it!

Edited by Craig_a

Did you get any warning beforehand? IE "check coolant level" on the OBC?

I know they like to be bled a lot. I check my coolant every month just because I'm so scared of the same thing happening to me

nah my OBC is just the basic one, with time and outdoor temp and date. unfortunately, doesnt have the 18-button one only signal i get is the temp gauge rocketing!

The hose may not have been tightened properly. I would get it pressure tested and get it checked proffessionaly to make sure there is nothing else wrong. You don't want to end up damaging your motor