Sign in to follow this  
mark247

Anyone got a welder and/or engine hoist I can borrow?

I'm planning on dropping a m50 in my e30 this weekend. I have got all the welding done I need done other than getting my e30 exhaust to fit the manifolds. Does anyone have a welder ( preferably a tig ) that I would be able to borrow this weekend? Just let me know what beer you like...

Also, although I may have an engine hoist already sorted, that may fall through, so was wondering if anyone had an engine hoist also I would be able to borrow?

Last time I did a swap I hired one from HirePool and it was useless, barely went high enough to pull the m50 out of an e36 with the front end of the e36 off, so pulling an engine out of a e30 will be next to impossible!! Payment with beers also..

Help would be greatly appreciated..

I'm in Hamilton but picking up from Tauranga or Auckland could still be worth it.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

If I have to hire them I will, I'm a poor Uni student so I go for the cheapest option....

as am i but i think in this day and age you wont find anyone who will hand over a welder

as far as an engine hoist buy a supercheap auto one the price of that is the same as 1.5 days to hire one

I have access to welders - Mig/Tig/Stick and all consumables but im in New Plymouth and busy this weekend.