Sign in to follow this  
just-drift-it

E30 Vacuum Assist Breaks Broken/Leaking?

I was driving along just crusing in my car not heavily breaking or anything, and the break assist just stopped working, when i touch the breaks there is a hiss noise coming from the glovebox area under the dash and now to stop i have to push the pedal very hard. Every time i push the pedal down now there seems to be a vacuum leak coming from under the dash.

Anybody have any idea where the leak could be coming from and how i could fix it? Cheers.

Edited by just-drift-it

Mine always hisses from under the dash, thought it was normal ahaa. Maybe the booster is shot, The pedal requires a very decent effort to stop...

My one hisses, but im pretty sure its fine. Car hasnt been running for a week, and it was still holding vacuum when i pulled the pipe off.

Where abouts are you? Ive got one you can have for $30, incl the master cylinder. Its in tauranga / te puke tho.

Brake boosters shot

+1 same has happend to my car. Whats it worth to get a rebuild up your way glenn? Mines a golf booster

Isn't sh*t brake feel normal in an E30? ;)

Lol there is always one!