Sign in to follow this  
paulieboi

manual 1996 318is e36 ride hight

k well my 96 318is is currently dropped on king spring super lows and makin my car far to low....fair enough!

so what i wanted to do is get my normal springs compressed so my car isint so rediculosly low that a pebble challenges my underbelly, but rather then going through the process of changing the springs all back over to gage the height(the i want them compressed) then take them back out get them compressed then put them back in.

so if possible could somebody please asap tell me approx the distance from edge of tire to guard is on a standard manual 1996 318i.s NZ New E36 sitting on standard 18m sport rims.

thank you.

Guest FrantiC

Dude you should get some decent lowering springs, Such as just "lows" or something. Look at what other people are running then make up your mind from that.

Compressing them makes them Sh*t house as and bouncy as with the messed up spring rates. Waste of time and money, not to mention dangerous and illegal (they actually require certification).

Dude you should get some decent lowering springs, Such as just "lows" or something. Look at what other people are running then make up your mind from that.

Compressing them makes them Sh*t house as and bouncy as with the messed up spring rates. Waste of time and money, not to mention dangerous and illegal (they actually require certification).

yea i been tryna sus sum as of lately but my cars sittin at my folks house untill i can get it higher, because my dad cant drive a lowered car(even though it is warrentable and ligit now) so i want to get my car back asap and tryna get the right height springs.

frustratingly i got the current springs of trade me as they were listed as simply lows rather then super lows. anyone know where i can asap get some cheap lows then?

I had KS super lows in my E36 318is for all of 5 mins! Way way too low, failed wof due to draging its ass along the ground, rear springs not captive etc etc.

Now have KS Lows in there. No probs.

Dont even consider compressing your springs. Thats what monkeys do!

Edit: If all else fails just put the standard springs in until you can afford to do the job properly. The girls will still love you if your car's 40mm higher!

Edited by 3 SERIES

I had KS super lows in my E36 318is for all of 5 mins! Way way too low, failed wof due to draging its ass along the ground, rear springs not captive etc etc.

Now have KS Lows in there. No probs.

Dont even consider compressing your springs. Thats what monkeys do!

Edit: If all else fails just put the standard springs in until you can afford to do the job properly. The girls will still love you if your car's 40mm higher!

so so far everyones all no goes for a 35mm compression?? lol

Paulie, mate! Dont compress your springs dude. Get some quality springs. Get in touch with Keith at H&R suspension and tell him you came from bimmersport. He will sort you out with a deal.

Ill give you a hand to install the springs if you want to save a bit of cash that way.

Paulie, mate! Dont compress your springs dude. Get some quality springs. Get in touch with Keith at H&R suspension and tell him you came from bimmersport. He will sort you out with a deal.

Ill give you a hand to install the springs if you want to save a bit of cash that way.

cheers jas, was just in the throes of tryna get my car back, and turning desperate lol, thank you for showing me the light!! lol

cheers jas, was just in the throes of tryna get my car back, and turning desperate lol, thank you for showing me the light!! lol

good news to everyone lol, i very strongly decided against my last desperate ditch for a good ride height, got in touch with keith and susing springs that way!!!

but in saying that my old super lows are up for grabs if you let me know your a bimmer sport man ill sus a deal just dont need em any more but heres the trademe http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-242552871.htm

thank you to everyone!