Sign in to follow this  
idle

Hi Everyone!

Hi I'm Jamie. Got my first BMW this week, a 2000 328ci. It's a manual and has the full leather interior, which is nice.

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks so I thought it was about time I made my presence known! Seems like a really good bunch of people here. I'm a mechanical engineer by profession and am quite keen to do a lot of the maintenance work myself, but my automotive experience is a bit limited so hopefully I can learn a few things from the resident gurus (my area of expertise is composite materials).

Anyway enough with the life story. Here's a photo taken just after I finished cleaning and waxing the car today. Apologies for the poor location but it started raining before I could take it somewhere more scenic!

post-4733-1253349684.jpg

Very smart :)

Have you thought about replacing the indicator bulbs for some silvertech ones to get rid of the 'egg yolk' effect the standard orange bulbs give ?

Hmm yeah that's not a bad idea. The rear indicators are full orange though, so I'll probably change those first if I can.