Sign in to follow this  
dreboi1987

Explanation Mark Dash Light

Hey all I was driving around and noticed on the dash beside the display screen that show's what gear you are in a little symbol with a circle around it with an explanation mark in the centre of it on. This stayed on until I pulled over and stopped turned engine off - checked under the hood left it for a bit then turned the car back on - Then it was fine, I noticed whilst driving that when I pressed my foot to the floor and double clicked as such the pedal it did not drop down gears the light was on whilst doing this - I've done some googling and seems this could be the Transmission light? Can anyone help? :unsure:

I will take it in next week to get it tested but just want some idea of what it could be.

Attached a pic of the symbol.

post-4725-1253366120.jpg

You will have to get it scanned to determine the fault. it will be a fault in either the DME, EGS or ABS

BTW: Where are you located ??

Edited by *Glenn*

Hey thanks for that. I am in Hamilton ay.

It's only just come on last night and wouldn't change gears until I stopped and turned it off it was really strange.