Sign in to follow this  
swerv_on

going from miata to e30

Hi all, I'm Spencer obviously I'm new to the forum. Currently I drive a 91' Miata but I'm trying to lay my hands on an e30 to play with. I've owned a e39 528 in the past (which my mom killed...) and was pretty happy with it overall, but wished for something quicker all the time. Recently I drove my friends e30 M3 and loved the it.

I've done quite a bit of work with British sports cars, mainly Lotus cars. I recently completed a replica of a Lotus 11 from scratch (not from a kit!!!) using a 69' Elan as a donor, though it only donated the engine and back bone chassis member. I'm currently learning megasquirt EFI so starting to play with computers and I'm an engineering major. Given all this I think I have a good basis for what I want to do.

Basically I want to get an e30 shell and put an m50 or m60 in it depending on what my budget looks liking the near future, or turboing a e30 325ix. For the short term I'm just trying to learn what I can from here. Look forward to talking to you all.

-Spencer

welcome mate

sounds like there will be another good project to keep an eye on once you get started. do the m60, would be sick! ive never seen a ix in nz but there could be some out there. good luck on the e30 hunt.

Lukas

just seen your not from nz. forget about the ix comment

Edited by RAPIDO

Welcome

Have a Browse of the projects section,

there have a been a few pretty decent engine conversions recently.

BMW v8 into E30, Lexus V8 into E30, M20B27 Turbo on an E30 & M50 turbo into E30 all in the last 12 months.

^ California I think John.

Welcome to bimmersport man!

Welcome to the forum :)

Are you from the U.S??

I would say the Eastern San Francisco Bay area.

Cheers

Grant