Sign in to follow this  
Mavrick

Leak in engine bay

Hi,

When i arrived home tonight, popped the bonnet to fill up the window washer.

Upon lifting the bonnet, i could hear a slight hissing noise and noticed a greeny blue spray around the radiator and fan (see attache pic's).

Bit of a noob when it comes to engines. Any idea what could this be?

Am going to take it to town tomorrow morning but thats a 20km drive. Just wanting to make sure it'd be sweet.

The liquid was dry, so it may have been there a few days. Also the tray at the base of the radiator has some liquid in it (you can see it by looking down into the engine bay).

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

post-654-1253680133.jpg

post-654-1253680145.jpg

Hi,

When i arrived home tonight, popped the bonnet to fill up the window washer.

Upon lifting the bonnet, i could hear a slight hissing noise and noticed a greeny blue spray around the radiator and fan (see attache pic's).

Bit of a noob when it comes to engines. Any idea what could this be?

Am going to take it to town tomorrow morning but thats a 20km drive. Just wanting to make sure it'd be sweet.

The liquid was dry, so it may have been there a few days. Also the tray at the base of the radiator has some liquid in it (you can see it by looking down into the engine bay).

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

get it pressure tested these have common leaks all the time

looks like a coolent leak as antifreeze leaves a white residue when it dries off

only other thing it could be is aircon which should stop leaking so test the aircon tomorow and see if the water level has dropped at all

the rad tanks always fail , spilt etc . also replace any brown looking coolant plastic pipes etc .

raditor reserve bottle split .