Sign in to follow this  
Tsyon213

E30 Left Tail Light not working

The entire back left light is out indicator and reverse light included. No idea why. Checked all my fuses and they all seem to be fine. For a short while my front left indicator was also not working. My car is a 1988 318i

Cheers

Thats no good bro!

On a less sarcastic note, check the wiring harness in the back of the light is plugged in properly.

Could be the light control unit/relay thats located in the boot near the radio aerial. its held on by 2 screws and its got 2 plugs going into it. Im not sure how you would test it but there not expensive.

If there faulty you will get all sorts of weird symptoms and it wont necessarily cause the fuses to blow either.

You may have an earthing problem with the lights rather than a power supply problem. check the power supply with a LED test light or volt meter then check that you are getting an earth through the earth wire. If your unsure how to do this, I suggest a freidly sparky would be your best option

Edited by *Glenn*

Are the brake light and tail light working? There are no relays in the boot on these, it'll be a simple dirty connection somewhere if I know these cars.

Take the bulb out and check it, clean the contact areas and try again, making sure the bulb holder has good contact with the light fitting. You could try taking the bulb and holder from the other side and fitting it, see if it works? Front indicator problems are normally the same, dirty contacts, same procedure, clean well and retry. If it still won't go, try an auto sparky.

Edited by Silver Fox