Sign in to follow this  
Braeden320

Charade Detomaso 1994 Parts

Not a BMW related issue so in OT.

I'm doing a bit of work to get a 94 Charde Detomaso up to spec for a workmates daughter.

The "Check Strap" on the Left Hand Door is not there and it requires a new one.Its a flat peice of thin metal that goes from the door tothe car to stop it flying back to far.

I've rung heaps of wreckers and apparently its a common fault and hence they are as rare as hens teeth.

Worst case I'll just fabricate something up at work and paint it

If anyone can source one of these or has any ideas where to get them the I'd appriciate it

Cheers

are there any other models of Daihatsu that would have the same thing?

then again, if wreckers say it's rare, then they probably would've thought of that already

maybe try http://www.daiauto.com/ (based in Australia)

but I guess if you need to ship from overseas, then may actually be cheaper and/or easier to fabricate it yourself

Edited by Wom

Tried new?? Call Toyota.

Strangly enough, I never thought of that! Blonde moment :rolleyes:

Will do it tomorrow at work

The best that Toyota can do is $160+gst, 4 weeks delivery. Pretty expensive for such a small peice of metal but its the ETA not the price thats no good.Air freight is an extra $100.

If anyone has any other options/ideas please let me no, If you find one cheapish and available im happy to fix you up for your trouble on top of the $$ for part.

Cheers

All sorted. Used this website. Has an excellent search facility for parts and really helpfull people.

Also thanks heaps to Mag & Tyre Direct NP - Craig. Got the tyres through him. Great to deal with an prices about 15% cheaper than anywhere else, AND they could fit them today.