Sign in to follow this  
Deano

E30 motorsport seats

4 door motorsport seats can be easily modified to tilt forward like coupe seats. So if you see a set of 4 door seats like I did, and want to fit them in your 2 door, they have the same mechanism. All you have to do is use the bits from a shagged out set of coupe seats and fit them to the 4 door seats. All the holes are there - just a bit of tack weld or use rivets to fit the levers and cables etc and your done. They are the best seats. You can still buy new covers. They are completely modular - as in everything comes apart easily like primo German Engineering does AND they feel so good. Jump on them.

I don't think so...

But I'm sure someone has a coupe set they would trade :)

I don't think so...

But I'm sure someone has a coupe set they would trade :)

I just modded a set of 4 door front seats to tilt forward for my E21. It can be done easily.

Yes it is possible.

I had one set of 4door leather seats that I wanted in my coupe

I had another set of coupe seats to work with

I took the back off the coupe seat and swapped it with the back of the leather seat.

I had re-apolster the backs but it was pretty simple, took me about 2hours to do both.

edit- All seat bases are the same, the seat back decides if its coupe or sedan

Edited by Jamez

Its pretty simple, I can make one up if you want.

edit, I think there is a writeup on a 318is forum, but they don’t go over re-upholstering the seats, also there are a few shortcuts that they don’t use.

Edited by Jamez

Can someone confirm that this auctually is possilble ?

Well ultimately all your doing is putting the cover from a sedan seat onto the frame (or at least the frame base) of a coupe seat. Unless Ive read the original post incorrectly.

Anyway, once youve taken a seat of each apart its hardly rocket science to swap over the relevant bits and put them back together again.

Its pretty simple, I can make one up if you want.

edit, I think there is a writeup on a 318is forum, but they don’t go over re-upholstering the seats, also there are a few shortcuts that they don’t use.

I would love you if you did ! :love:

i can confirm, i have seen them. good job dean. still havn't got onto mine yet..