Sign in to follow this  
Shady

Any Interior Trimmers on here?

Hey all.

I was thinking of buying some Black vinyl and glueing it overtop of the material inserts on my E30 door trims. Now my question is, does anyone know if this would work? Only reason I ask, is I cant remove the material inserts without maybe causing damage cos the material is what looks to be, melted into the vinyl parts (have attached a photo - and for those who dont know what they look like - its not stitching, thats just fake lookalike stitching).

So before I go ahead and glue any other kind of material on top of it, would it even work? EG would the vinyl actually stay glued to the material? Or would it just peel off over the new few weeks or even days?

(I want a black vinyl - so all 4 doors are completely vinyl) - I dont have $ to go buy & 4x full black vinyl door trims - especially when mine are mint as (apart from the gay grey cloth material inserts).

Im not keen to peel the entire trim off the door card as I dont wanna get myself into some trouble and then have a stuffed door trim.

Any suggestions or advice or if anyone heres is an expert in trimming a "how-to" would be good. Oh and what kind of Glue should I use?

Thanks all :)

post-4588-1254859515.jpg

Just dye the material black mate.

You reckon? Just use the same stuff I used on my parcel tray? Hmmmm, guess its worth a try.

Or just pick up some door cards without the material :rolleyes:

I just said, dont have the $!!! to go buy all new door cards. No point when mine are mint apart from the material.

You could do it but I think it would look crap, mainly because the material wouldnt sit flush with the vinyl and you would probally get edges that start lifting etc.

I just said, dont have the $!!! to go buy all new door cards. No point when mine are mint apart from the material.

What does a set of door cards cost these days ? Ive seen them sell for peanuts.

If you dont have the $$'s then be happy with what youve got (thats mint) and spend what little you have elsewhere.

I have $, just not to spend on something I dont need when I could possibly do it myself. The door cards I've seen (that have no material on them) are either blue or beige and are not cheap. The cheap ones I find have material on them (identicle to mine)... ?

I bought a whole e30 coupe interior for $10 lol

And it was rough as? Must of had some defects for that price...or a $1R and no one fought you for it :lol:

Just sprayed the rear passengers door to see what it would look like. I reckon it looks OK, as shown in photo. So Im just gonna spray them all.

post-4588-1254862134.jpg

Damn it. Just done both back doors, very black. Now go no paint left :lol:...lucky I didnt take the front door trims off. Gotta go get some paint on payday...but I reckon it looks pretty good.

And it was rough as? Must of had some defects for that price...or a $1R and no one fought you for it :lol:

The door cards were mint as and the seats wernt ripped or anything.