Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

E36 Door cards

As per title. I am after the front two door cards for a E36 coupe, material on the door insert doesnt matter as I have the leather inserts already. But all I care about is that the rest of the door card is black and all the vinyl is stuck down around the door pockets and the clips running along the top are not broken..

Cheers

Have you thought about having yours fixed? this place is realy good apparently

TrimFix

Edited by Mobbin

I thought about it but ive broken lots of the clip strips and astuff thouhgt it would be cheaper to just buy new door cards all together.. Have you used them Steve? Good prices? quality of finish?

friend of mine had his dash re done, he was very pleased. priced well, $300 to have the whole dash re done. I will be heading there to have my door cards done when i get time. i searched for months to find door cards in ok condition, and they still need fixing up.

Hey mate. You can fix all the clips so they work perfectly, that's what I did with the new door cards I had. And they're perfect.

Just use Ados F2 adhesive.

But that doesn't really help if the front vinyl is coming away.

Hey mate. You can fix all the clips so they work perfectly, that's what I did with the new door cards I had. And they're perfect.

Just use Ados F2 adhesive.

But that doesn't really help if the front vinyl is coming away.

Are the plastic strip parts that are glued to the door cards able to be ordered seperatly through the dealership? last time I looked I couldnt find a part number...

Are the plastic strip parts that are glued to the door cards able to be ordered seperatly through the dealership? last time I looked I couldnt find a part number...

Why do you want to order new ones? You can re-glue the old ones back onto the doorcards, exactly what I did. More than happy to help out when you get around to getting them off.

Cheers Brent, Yeah I figured you couldnt order the bits I need...

Nick - Cheers for the offer for help, I will proberbly take you up on that slash steal your door cards..

Im very aware of gluing the bits back on but if you remember what the doorcard looks like inside, the black strip of plastic at the top of the doorcard with the rectangular loops, mine have all broken from some f**k wit, proberbly me smashing the thing back on but Im pretty sure they were already broken when i got the car... Ahhh well Dad is taking the car to get the window regulators done soon aparently so I will fix them up when I get the car back... Pending on the new Mercedes of course :P

friend of mine had his dash re done, he was very pleased. priced well, $300 to have the whole dash re done. I will be heading there to have my door cards done when i get time. i searched for months to find door cards in ok condition, and they still need fixing up.

Those prices are really decent! Looks like Im going to have to get my door cards fixed then, so that mean I will strip off the vinyl and retrim it in suede with leather insert... should looks nice and suit the top half of my interior more

Sorry Ryan. I think I see what you mean now. So the top piece hasn't just come away from the door card its actually in pieces and broken and you wouldn't be able to securely clip it back on?

I'll have a think mate. I know there's a guy a picked something up from a while ago who had a couple cards disassembled lying around. Can't remember if they were from a coupe or a sedan though. I'll let you know.