Sign in to follow this  
clintonr

Water leak?

Hey guys, dumb question but is it usual for the water level to drop to here? When I bought it there was a water leak which I took in to get fixed. They pressure tested it and found that it was just a loose hose.

Anyway, I filled it up this morning, drove around about 10km and I've just checked it tonight and it's at this level. This there something wrong still or is it ment to drop to here? The only reason I ask is I'm ment to be going up north for the weekend and I don't want to try out my 'State insurance roadside rescue' Thanks for any help guys :)

post-4856-1254976084.jpg

thats about where they settle , they will push excess water out the overflow if you over fill them.

there is a high and low mark on the side of that tank . thats where it should be

thats about where they settle , they will push excess water out the overflow if you over fill them.

there is a high and low mark on the side of that tank . thats where it should be

Thanks mate. You're a legend.

Of all the cars i've had every single one has had a point where it likes to settle, no matter how much you put in. If it's not showing signs of a bed headgasket and there's no leaks then i wouldn't worry too much.