Sign in to follow this  
paulieboi

96 318i.s e36 not starting

now im lost.

when i go to start my car it turns over but isint starting.

i know its not the battery, cause i tried to jump it incase it was just not enought to start.

its not the aftermarket alarm imobalizing because its turning over, although for some reason when i was setting the alarm after 3 seconds it would randomly set it off.

its not fuel cause its got atleast quater of a tank.

not spark plugs checked them and they are new.

ive been told it could be the starter motor, anybody else had this problem of know what i can do or check?

I kinda had a similar problem with my car. Ended up being the battery clamps being very corroded and couldn't give enough power to the car. My alarm would go of randomly, the enginge would turn over but not start and the battery was still showing 12V on the meter.

fuel pump? u have fuel but is it getting anywhere? my E36 320i was the same, wouldnt start, battery was fine, plugs were new, no alarm

pull your back seat up and kick the drivers side of it from on top while someones cranking it lol see if you get any action, its what the auto sparky did to mine...rough as guts haha

otherwise im sure someone else could give much better advise

rough as guts haha

haha i like it, if it dosnt start tonight i might just havta give it the boot as to say lol.

cheers guys, gettin someone to have a look at it soon ill se what he sez and post up whats the go

haha i like it, if it dosnt start tonight i might just havta give it the boot as to say lol.

cheers guys, gettin someone to have a look at it soon ill se what he sez and post up whats the go

I'd try that too, just to try to get it going. Banging on the top with your fist will do the same. If it does go, dont think that youve fixed it. You'll need a new pump.