Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

Nominal "warm" E30 water temp

What is the water temp on a F/L m20b25 meant to be when "warm" ie middle of the gauge.

I have just finished redoing the plumbing and because I'm not using a E30 cluster, I don't have a gauge.

Took it for a drive and it felt bloody hot. It could be because there is no interior and windscreen though.

And any idea how I can measure it with a basic probe style thermometer that my dad uses for refrigeration?

What is the water temp on a F/L m20b25 meant to be when "warm" ie middle of the gauge.

I have just finished redoing the plumbing and because I'm not using a E30 cluster, I don't have a gauge.

Took it for a drive and it felt bloody hot. It could be because there is no interior and windscreen though.

And any idea how I can measure it with a basic probe style thermometer that my dad uses for refrigeration?

Firstly - put a gauge in it!

Normal operating temp around 88 deg mark

& obviously - make sure it's bled properly

Yeah- I have just about finished sorting the gauges. All are after market so am having trouble finding a decent set for a decent price.