Sign in to follow this  
louis297

Odd Springs- E30

For rear suspension it cant be adjusted but when changing anything in the front you should. And with the rear spring change you dont need spring compressers you just lower the rear diff mount and add abit of support with a jack under the diff and the springs pritty much fall out

cheers guys also do you need a wheel alignment in with new springs ?

Usually only with the fronts.

I never have. Too lazy.

I'm even too lazy to get my wheels balanced.

Women. :rolleyes:

Edited by MS BM

Try 5 mins.

Is that a challenge? Im sure I could do it. Havent taken my springs out since I removed the pads, so no point now, but I could be keen to get a mate to time me (wheel off, spring out, spring in, wheel on). By myself.

But OP, Im sure, as everyone else said, there is someone on here in ChCh that would be keen to do it for some beers. Dont let them rip you off thought, a dozen is more than enough for just the rears.

Front springs are a pain. My first time, I got angry as :lol: but after a while I got it done. Dont recommend doing them yourself, unless very keen & got some skills under your belt (which I am slowly building up).

Bet I could get the springs out in less than five, All I need is a jack and an angle grinder.

Don't expect to ever use the springs again.

Front springs are a pain. My first time, I got angry as :lol: but after a while I got it done. Dont recommend doing them yourself, unless very keen & got some skills under your belt (which I am slowly building up).

How about you do an e39. Or any newer BMW.

Then you'll have a tanty.

I would WAY rather do front springs on an E38/E39 than an E30