Sign in to follow this  
paulieboi

anybody have a cap remover i can borrow?

does anybody have the cap remover or have a technique they know of to get the centre peice of the old style rims, i know they just screw but these are 2 tight for me to get off any ideas to get them off or loosen them?

post-4477-1255550922.jpg

Plumber's multi-grip pliers with a rag on the jaws to protect the caps from marks.

I keep one in the boot in case I need to change a wheel.

They do make a plastic wrench, but I don't know where to get them from, and you probably want to do it now.

Plumber's multi-grip pliers with a rag on the jaws to protect the caps from marks.

cheers ill try get my hands on some at lunch and give it a go cheers for that, wasnt to sure if that would wreck them or not

What about something like Irwin Quik Grips and twist? They have rubber jaws and wouldn't scratch the cap. http://www.irwin.com/irwin/consumer/jhtml/...IrwinProd100029

If you have some lying around I guess, I use them all the time when gluing stuff, but I am sure they would work LOL.

Edited by Forrest

does anybody have the cap remover or have a technique they know of to get the centre peice of the old style rims, i know they just screw but these are 2 tight for me to get off any ideas to get them off or loosen them?

i should have one at work somewhere if you bring them in

i should have one at work somewhere if you bring them in

dam my cars not working right now just sussing the engine but get wheels coming up to change over, if i cant get them off b4 the engine gets going ill take you up on that offer thank you!

They do make a plastic wrench, but I don't know where to get them from, and you probably want to do it now.

eBay.co.uk, but as you said, he needs it now...

synthe bmw had one on trademe $1 reserve not long ago, anyone know where that went?

1. get peice of wood

2. cut slot out of wood to fit over cap like a big wrench

3. ????

4. profit

synthe bmw had one on trademe $1 reserve not long ago, anyone know where that went?

Sold haha. Went for a sweeet price too.

Can you not just use your hand? Gorilla grip that cap!