Sign in to follow this  
paulo

Would e36 sedan headlights fit e36 Compact?

Hi there,

I have a 1995 Compact with a broken passenger side headlight. I'm struggling to find a direct replacement, so was wondering if a sedan light would fit.

From what I gather, all of the front end parts on a compact are the same as a sedan, although the headlights have a different part number.

I'm guessing that the only difference is that the compact doesn't have the electric adjustment feature, and I think the lens is slightly different (sedan has vertical lines running across lens?)

I have an option to buy a cheap PAIR of sedan lights and fit them up to keep LH and RH looking consistent.

The question is, will they physically fit the compact? Are the connection plugs the same?

Any help apprecieated, or if anyone has a cheap Compact light for sale , please let me know.

Cheers

Paul

Hi there,

I have a 1995 Compact with a broken passenger side headlight. I'm struggling to find a direct replacement, so was wondering if a sedan light would fit.

From what I gather, all of the front end parts on a compact are the same as a sedan, although the headlights have a different part number.

I'm guessing that the only difference is that the compact doesn't have the electric adjustment feature, and I think the lens is slightly different (sedan has vertical lines running across lens?)

I have an option to buy a cheap PAIR of sedan lights and fit them up to keep LH and RH looking consistent.

The question is, will they physically fit the compact? Are the connection plugs the same?

Any help apprecieated, or if anyone has a cheap Compact light for sale , please let me know.

Cheers

Paul

they will fit in place but you have to change the plugs and they dont look original