Sign in to follow this  
st3ph3n_

Hi I'm new and working on E30 325i Project.

Hi All

I have a 4 dr 1990 manual E30 320i. (Will post pics soon).

I recently converted it to a 2.5L with the Help of Ray from Hell BM. He did a fantastic job and it's going sweet so far. I'm enjoying the extra power as the previous 2L was extremely sluggish but now the time has come where i need more power lol.

I plan to build this 2.5 into a 2.7L and then either turbo or supercharge it. The thing is i have decided to just either turbo or supercharge the current 2.5L i have now then consider doing further work on the engine.

I need some advice on either turbo charging or supercharging as I haven't done this before and haven't fully decided which one i want to do but right now the turbo is looking like the option i want. It would also help if anyone knew any good turbo kits i should consider for my E30 and where to buy this. If anyone knows any workshops that have experience in turbo/supercharging BMWs in Auckland please let me know :).

Guest FrantiC

. It would also help if anyone knew any good turbo kits i should consider for my E30 and where to buy this.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-251681599.htm

Doooooo It.

That will get you pretty much there,

Has everything you need to beef up your m20 to handle the power (Steel headgasket and ARP headstuds),

Turbo manifold, with external wastegate port, oil feed and return lines and fittings,

even the modified sump for oil return off the turbo.

Oh, And Welcome to BimmerSport btw :D

Edited by FrantiC

Welcome to the forum,

Look forward to seeing your progress -b

its a hell of a job either way you decide to go man , welcome to bs

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-251681599.htm

Doooooo It.

That will get you pretty much there,

Has everything you need to beef up your m20 to handle the power (Steel headgasket and ARP headstuds),

Turbo manifold, with external wastegate port, oil feed and return lines and fittings,

even the modified sump for oil return off the turbo.

Oh, And Welcome to BimmerSport btw :D

Nice plug john :ph34r:

Hi Stephen,

I have a supercharged e30 325i. Originally I was going to do it myself, but then I spotted a supercharged m20 on tradme for sale. The vendor is now a member here, but at that time he wasn't. It was probably a slightly cheaper way to do it, but with all the extra work and $$$ I've put into it, I probably should have done it myself from scratch.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing, but that said I love how the car performs, and I'm happy with how things turned out.

If you're going to run boost the first two things you need is to work out how much power you want and how much power you can afford.

Then you need to work out which type of power suits you better. The high end punch of a turbo, or the responsive, torquey-ness of a supercharger.

From there it's research, research, research. e30tech.com forums is one of the best places for FI info for e30. I can help if you want to know about how I find the SC, what I'd do differently, and what it cost. There are others here and overseas who have turboed m20's.

Read as much as you can, and come back with specific questions.

Good luck!

PS. If you want a bolt-in solution, I might be able to be convinced to sell mine so I can work on my next idea. Mine is now fully sorted with a tune from the master himself, Gavin Bellars. Fully maintained and very reliable. Makes just under 200hp at the rear wheels. It's not actually for sale, but if it were going to go to someone who specifically wanted to SC, then I could be convinced to sell it at market value. Which is probably well under what it cost unfortunately.