Sign in to follow this  
Antallica

Headlight not working

Hey all,

Was going to get my WOF today and noticed my LH High beam bulb will light up on high beam but won't stay lit in that dimly lit state on low beam. I've tried a new bulb, checked and swapped out fuses as well as the relays. Now I'm out of ideas :(

Anyone got anything else I can try?

Edited by Antallica

Checked the plug is getting power ?

High beam and low beam run on different circuits btw.

Ok I could use a multimeter tomorrow at work. As there's only one power wire going to the bulb how does one check both circuits? Added pics to first post.

Edited by Antallica

oh how do u get to that bulb i think I have the same problem atm. I've tried fitting my hands down to feel for something but cudn't? did u have to remove the whole headlight? and what type of bulb does it take?

Take off the main cover and it's right under/passed the main bulb, just yank the black plug out I was spinning it for ages trying to figure it out. It's a 12v5w.

Take off the main cover and it's right under/passed the main bulb, just yank the black plug out I was spinning it for ages trying to figure it out. It's a 12v5w.

Okay i saw mine today. but Im not sure what type of bulb it is? i looked on it and saw the 12v 55w. On the glass it had E1? is that the correct bulb? what did u replace urs with?

Okay i saw mine today. but Im not sure what type of bulb it is? i looked on it and saw the 12v 55w. On the glass it had E1? is that the correct bulb? what did u replace urs with?

No, thats the headlight bulb - H1 12v 55w

The park light bulb is underneath & as above - 12v 5w