Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

WTB: Brake Ducting Hose/Pipe

I want to make some ducts for my front brakes. Think roughly about 80mm diameter should be sufficent.

Any of the racers/wannabe racers know where the best place is to get this?

Really don't want to use that Supercheap sh*t again.

Cheers, Nathan

Edited by Forrest

i used pipe around 100mm diameter, the kind the has a steel spring jobby in the middle. think i have around 500 to 600mm left if you wanted it bro

post-3318-1257730459.jpg

i just got some from work ay man, was the last bit we had, can probly get it from an engineering shop such as paykels ( if you have that dow there) or an industrial hose place. its basically the same as that stuff from driven performance but clear, and doesn't have the fancy ends.

I left the factory hose in mine aswell just to hold the back side in place anjust hoocked the front end up to the kit.

Road & Track in Lower Hutt has it in stock, will cut to the length you need. Have a look at mine if you like.

^ Sweet cheers Stephen. I remember it on your car now. What is the easiest way to mount it? Cable ties?

^ Sweet cheers Stephen. I remember it on your car now. What is the easiest way to mount it? Cable ties?

Easier to show you rather than describe. If you come around tonight as I am about to put the front kit back on.

Bam. Zipties for the win. Brake ducts work so well.. No more flames though! :( :( :( :( :( :(

Seem to have connected all the zip ties together in my pic.. The closest 2 are seperate. The back 2 are ziptied up to a braket on the frame rail.

post-1573-1257818150.jpg

Edited by Incary

zip plumbing sell it, the same place you got that stuff for your cold air box from, ive got some here, i used it for my airbox