Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

pulled the head off the 735i donar car

go to the link

http://forums.mye28.com/e28/messages/159548.htmlPosted Image

pulled the head off this donar euro spec 735i for the 1986 M535i . head looks like its been reco'd at some stage . photo's 17 to 24 on the webshots link.

i did a compression check B4 removing . all cylinders came up to 190lbs quickly except number 1 which read 90lbs .

when i put some oil into cylinder it also came up quicker to 190lbs.

talk to a mechanic he says most likly rings stuck in piston and to take it for a long drive .

when i pulled the head off . all look pretty good . except the No.1 exhaust valve has small crack in it .

maybe the pressure is being lost there .

also the plastic rings that are on rocker shafts . the same one had broken off ,so the rocker arm was sitting over

to one side and hitting the edge of the top of valve stem .

got to use my new hoist to to lift the head complete with manifolds off the block .

block also looks quite good .

might use that block instead of the the one in the m535i .

swapping the E23 camshaft for a e28 one i have .

getting to lobes rebuilt and repolished .

the other photo's you see in the web page are of a destroyed E28 535i engine . worn camshaft ,broke valve head off .

(engine given to me for spares )so will be using a valve and some rings from it for my head .

pics of head ,block etc ,,,

http://community.webshots.com/album/228047410QaXBRJ/1

that picture of the valves is amazing.The chamber is so clean!!!!Is there a "kit "that you but that includes new gasket new boltsetc or do you have to buy it all seperately?Do you buy that stuff from the dealer or sd or ????Glad you getting use of the bentleys!!

that picture of the valves is amazing.The chamber is so clean!!!!Is there a "kit "that you but that includes new gasket new boltsetc or do you have to buy it all seperately?Do you buy that stuff from the dealer or sd or ????Glad you getting use of the bentleys!!

this head was recently redone . i get the headgasget set from euro marketing or euro-italia (they import the stuff ,valves ,pistons ,gasgets ,rings etc ) between $160 and $280 depending on brand . not doing new bolts this time . talked to a few guys ,they say not nessasary for M30 block .

yes thanks for the use of the manual . must send that back to you (with the parts you wanted).

dont worry i have it in the box . i use photo copies in my garage .

you wanted some washer relays , glove box light , warning triangle and soem other stuff i dont remember