Sign in to follow this  
bmwsparkle

pinstripe off, how do i get rid of glue

as title says? wats the best product to use, people have told me petrol, eucolyptis oil etc etc, wat should i use not to f*ck my paint?

sparkle

there is something and its specially for that type of thing but i cant think of the name but i know there is a product cos we used it on my mates car

thumb....preferably of the demon variety...you may have to borrow andys

courier or post?

You can try Printers Spirits, or commonly called isopropylene....some spelling like that.

You can get small bottles from a chemist. It will soften the glue making it easier to come off, and wont root ya paint.

There is another good reason for Isopropalene just cant remember it right now :pimp: :ph34r: Black gold, texas something... :)

Oh, and don't buy 20L of it, cos the police will look sideways at you :).

Guest Andrew

de-solve-it .. any adhesive remover .. It don't f**k the paint. White spirit - meths.. what ever. Just polish and wax it again after.

Come to think of it I got heaps at work. It's "gone off'", so printers can't use it. I used it to remove a complete van signange glue residue off one of my work vans.

Bring over a tin and I'll splash some your way.

I'm in penrose, if thats any help.

Yeah isopropyl will work - commonly known as CD cleaner :)

Also as said, any white spirit - meths will work, so will lighter fluid (you know the liquid one you buy for zippo lighters) or even kerosene.

Test it on a small area first to make sure there is no adverse effect - don't use in direct sunlight, and use some elbow grease (ie put some muscle in it). Use a lint free, non-scratch cloth so you don't damage the paint work by putting "swirls" etc in it.

Guest Spargo

I swear someone puts that in my drink all the time! I often wake up having no idea what i did the night before :lol:

Yeah isopropyl will work - commonly known as CD cleaner :)

haha try and buy that sh*t - you gotta give them your name and address etc - I think you may be thinking of something else because Isopropyl is used in the manufacture of Cannabis Oil...

That GHB can also be known as "mils" (cos you take em in 1ml doses) - and when you dont drink alcahol you dont blank out...

CD and tape head cleaner is usually isopropyl and water - but they only sell it in 15ml bottles - cost a bit to buy enough to make some "honey"

chemists have it in bulk and in a pure form. it is also found in rubbing alcohol at about 70% (although ethanol can be used as a substitute). Skin swabs in hospitals are often isopropyl swabs as it is also a disinfectant. CD wipes have isopropyl in them too.

Check out this link - CD Cleaner it is a page on a website devoted to dangerous products. it lists Radio Shack CD Cleaner as having 55% isopropyl and 45% water.