Sign in to follow this  
|ncary

M325i

Just one picture. A new friend of a friend who is now a friend of mine, Swen Carlin, is an amazing protographer. You have probably seen a lot of his work on Billboards in Auckland. He shoots a lot of high end, new cars for promotion.

So 3 of us cruised around for an afternoon looking for places to shoot a new German GT car which is coming out soon.. And found amazing locations, and this particular spot suited my ol' tech1. My car was dirty as hell, so the next day we spent 90 mins washing and polishing (goddamn basketweaves) and headed back up.

Result: (might have to scroll through the pics if he has uploaded more)

http://www.swencarlin.com/#mi=2&pt=1&a...mp;a=0&at=0

Yeah that's the summit rd in the background, SS Summit West, about 1km before my silly video starts at.

Look at his other work too. It was so great to learn about the full professional side of photography. It really is much, much more than having the right settings on the camera. Such an Art..

That's a lot of writing for one photo! Then again, it took 3 hours to do. The full res version is special, very special. Might have to frame it!

Edited by Incary

Nice pics man! looks like a damn nice place for pics.

Also, what tricks did you use to clean your weaves? mine are so filthy.

Yes indeed. Swen plans every detail of every shot he does. Was quite a process setting this up.

Nice pics man! looks like a damn nice place for pics.

Also, what tricks did you use to clean your weaves? mine are so filthy.

15 mins with a rag and soap haha.

If you email me the hi res shot i'll give your car the honour of being my background.

That looks the business!

But, 3 hours to put a car on a piece of grass, turn the wheel 5 deg and click the button on a camera :wacko:

Washing/driving/60 mins positioning and shooting different angles = 3 hours.

Don't have a high res shot in my possession at the moment sorry..

sh*t he is an amazing photographer!

How much would he charge lol would be so keen

How much would he charge lol would be so keen

Lol, Probably be best to hire one out at a combined meat somewhere, so everyone could pitch in for some decent photos of their cars.

Now, I just need to borrow my Uncles 40D.

Guest Simon*

Liiiiiiiike :)

Very nice. Looks like a publicity shot for brand new tech 1 back in the day

Well thanks all. Just spent the day with Swen at the new Audi dealership shooting a new Q7 and some outside shots of the new building on Tuam with an amazing architecture lens (17mm perspective cancelling), graaate learning experience. The final Q7 image will be composed of 15 or so different images, as I stood all round the car with white and black sheets and flashes to eliminate all reflections and dark spots.

And he is shooting the Panamera tomorrow, so look for those shots on the website in the coming days. Spectacular car from the right angles..

Ok, now it can be a proper showroom thread. Just some cars that were hanging around in the lot I took some piccys of.. Thanks to Atta for coming to say hello this evening too!

If you are a Porsche/Audi fan, enjoy.

Edited by Penry

The front of that GT3 is a bit weird, second Porsche is **** tho. Thread needs some Audi R8.

Yeah that's a Panamera. It's getting shot today all over Chch.

The R8's sell so fast that they never have stock :(