Sign in to follow this  
SiK-E34

ignition key issue

Hi everyone, i read the diy ignition barrel removal but no good, the ignition barrel is stuck in the off position meaning my steering lock is constantly on, any ways around it? dont want to ruin to much lol, some dickhead decided to screw driver the key hole and wrecked it, this is from the prev owner anyway, but dont worry lemon check shows and proves its a clean car so all good there, i just cant steer the f-en thing! any help guys?

It will need a new coded ignition barrel (X Germany) and probably a new lock housing as well or you could get 2nd hand parts but it will use a different key. You could get the barrel recoded to suit your old key but not many locksmiths can do this. The one we use can

Edited by *Glenn*

It will need a new coded ignition barrel (X Germany) and probably a new lock housing as well

ok, what about 2nd hand of another E34? im not paying hundreds of dollars for that, i only payed 1000 for the car lol, at this present time im just trying to get it going. i can start the car with the electric switch off the side of the housing but the steering lock is stuck on.

ok, what about 2nd hand of another E34? im not paying hundreds of dollars for that, i only payed 1000 for the car lol, at this present time im just trying to get it going. i can start the car with the electric switch off the side of the housing but the steering lock is stuck on.

I just edited what I said because your car doesnt have EWS

I just edited what I said because your car doesnt have EWS

ok but this doesnt solve my steering lock problem, i cant turn the key to the 1st position to release the barrel locking pin, i can pry at it with a crow bar lol but i may damage something, how do i remove the steering wheel? Edited by SiK BeeMa Bro

A crow bar should not enter the equaison.. if your not compentant with tools, it may pay to get a professional to do it. Or pop down to technical books and buy a manual or search on line.

Just to clarify, is the question "how do I turn the ignition far enough to allow removal of the barrel when it has been ruined by a screwdriver and the key doesn't work"?

I don't know the answer, but I wish I did yesterday at Pickapart.

Just to clarify, is the question "how do I turn the ignition far enough to allow removal of the barrel when it has been ruined by a screwdriver and the key doesn't work"?

I don't know the answer, but I wish I did yesterday at Pickapart.

Removal is complete, i had to pry the guts out, and then i came across that tiny pin and woooooooosh!!! it released, need a new ignition barrel but now i can turn the bloody thing. so im on the look out for an non EWS E34 ignition barrel and keys. possibly door and boot locks too but mainly ignition barrel.

cheers for anyone who helped.

You sure you havent damaged the lock housing ??

yep positive mate, i destroyed the lock itself, but the housing is smick as can be.