Sign in to follow this  
Southernman

New to Bimmersport

Hi, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd say g'day. Was always a rotary man (still am really), but loved my first blat in an M3 so much that I had to have one.

I have a '98 E36 M3 (3.2l, smg box) that I brought back from the UK.

No major mods. Eibach prostreet coilovers and swaybars (salt on the UK roads trashed the original gear so went for the stainless steel partly for looks and partly for durability), Zimmerman drilled discs, angel eye conversion.

Would love a Brembo brake upgrade but finding it hard to justify the expense (well I have no problem, but convincing the missus.........)

By my name you can probably figure I'm from down in the Mainland. Have recently moved to the Wellington area though, so if anyone can advise on mechanics and suppliers in the area (especially ones to avoid!) would be most appreciated.

cheers

PS don't have pics on this computer, so might get some up later

Edited by Southernman

Welcome to Bimmersport, sounds like a nice car you have. Once the weather shows a little more consistency (once in a lifetime) down here in Wellington we are planning having a meet/cruise sometime soon, you should come along in the M3 :)

Welcome matey, when you say south and mainland do you mean Hamilton??

Car sounds fantastic, what colour combo is it.. Hiding things from the missus is a mission, I have found putting the car in her name and buying things for it as a present to her works well, all women love shiny presents.

TBH I would look at some AP Brakes instead if the Brembo’s, I have Brembo’s and they are nothing flash, sure they are slightly better than stock items but are far from the best.

Thanks guys.

Forrest - keep me informed. sounds like it could be a good day out.

Apex - nah sorry mate, a bit further south than the 'Tron. Did live there briefly though. Techno voilet is the official colour (or dark metallic purple if you don't believe in colours like 'salmon'). Really cool colour anyway, when it's polished up

I like your thinking on getting to buy things for it but a) she doesn't drive, B) she'd probably leave me and take off with it!

Cheers for the tip on the brakes. Will be a long way off though as I've got a few more pressing issues to sort yet: window seals, minor rust in doors and boot lid (gotta love that UK salt!), alarm stopped working, and now a bit of a vibration that sounds like the drive train has issues and that'll never be cheap. at least it ain't the gearbox though, so cheaper than it could be I guess.

Welcome to the forum Andy.

Car sounds nice, can't wait to see some pics. Techno Violet M3 ftw!

Welcome! Sounds like a nice car! :)

Welcome! Good to see another Wgtn member!

Jeff Gray BMW & Page European come recommended for servicing etc.

For anything suspension & brakes etc contact Paul @ Interpart in Petone - highly recommended!!!!

My 2c!!

Welcome mate, good to see another E36 ... one day we'll surpase the vast amount of E30's on the forums haha

Once the weather shows a little more consistency (once in a lifetime) down here in Wellington we are planning having a meet/cruise sometime soon, you should come along in the M3 :)

haha yea once in a lifetime is about right!

Jeff Gray BMW & Page European come recommended for servicing etc.

+1

Haven't used Jeff Gray for servicing, but have bought parts from there and the guys have been helpful.

Page Euro ... I take my car there for servicing and repairs and have no complaints