Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

Installing Keyless Entry

Hi guys looking to install a basic keyless entry system into my bmw. had a quick search on the forum Link.

Will the wires be the same colour? and also

will be installing something similar to this.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-253428463.htm

also i've noticed that some cars maybe need a addition acculator or something for the central locking to work?

I would suggest putting a good quality alarm with remote in your car. If its done correctly you wont need any extra actuators and it will also be more reliable.

I would suggest putting a good quality alarm with remote in your car. If its done correctly you wont need any extra actuators and it will also be more reliable.

Just had a look under my glove box to see if my car was prewired for an alarm but i dn't see any connectors. I checked my boot but don't see any stickers or anything indicating it was prewired. Aren't jap imports prewired?

decided to install a proper alarm nw but just lookign to see if i can find if my car was prewired. According to lots of sites i've looked at even tho i don't have a button in the boot saying it was prewired, my car should have the 12pin harness somewhere as most places say that cars after 92 had them. as we have rhd in nz would it be under the glovebox or under the steering wheel? atm i've taken both sides apart to have a quick look but no obvious sign of one.