Sign in to follow this  
Southernman

E36 drive shaft

I am getting a lot of vibration between 80-100kmh that I can only feel in the centre armrest (E36 M3 btw).

Can't feel it in the steering wheel so assume its not a wheel out of balance, but can't feel it anywhere else. My passenger feels it under her feet, nearer the front. Any ideas?

I'm wondering if it's the driveshaft out of balance or maybe a bearing on the way out? Seems to ease a bit once the vehicle is warmed up.

Check or have checked the rubber coupling (guibo) on the front of the driveshaft.

Cheers westy. I assume it's pretty easy to get at for a look? and do you know if it's pretty easy to change myself, or would need a mechanic if it's stuffed?

Should be easy to see if theres no heat shield in the way.

Unfortunately not allways easy to tell if its stuffed without removing it. The one I did on mine was cracking but wasn't obvious untill I took it out.

Its reasonably easy if you've done that sort of thing before. Plenty of info out there in interweb land on how to go about it. See HERE