Sign in to follow this  
Damo

333 Turbo

Hi All,

Just thought you all might like to see that it is getting done out there,

no need to resort to the land of the rising sun for real power.

M30 3.2L from 633CSi, Garrett T34B turbo.

Ive done it all the hard way, so if you wanna know anything about doing this shout out.

I will post engine Pics ASAP.

For anyone thinking about this - My work will soon be putting out a new ECU on the market that will rival MOTEC and is perfect for this job - my car will be the first test subject!

The body was an Alpina C1, I have some parts I will put up in the for sale e.g. bodykit parts that came off it, I could also be persuaded to have my engine mounts copied if anyone is brave enough!

Cheers,

Damo.

post-5-1105589027.jpg

Edited by Damo

Guest Spargo

Uber tasty!

You MUST post engine pics.

I'm loving the mirrors, they really suit.

Ex alpina eh? Wheels still kicking about? (back of the rest of ya!)

looks sweet, engine bay pics would be mean

and yeah, alpina wheels (sam doesnt really want them) and what kit parts you got?

and what did you do with the 2.5 (??) that was in there? in nice bits on it?

haha listen to yourselves you all sound like a bunch of vultures

you havent even welcomed him yet and already after parts! :lol:

welcome to the site dude car looks wicked!!

look foward to hearing more about it!

cheers

Edited by bimmer boy

Before I go doing anything to my ECU (i.e. adding a Unichip), tell me more about your ECU plans?

Will it be fully tunable? Will you be doing the tuning (i.e. will you be having a dyno etc?) Will the ECU allow fully customisable fuel and ignition tuning?

Oh, also what will the likely cost be?

Cheers

Alpina wheels were the first to go at the start 2 years ago for $1000 - they were in v.good condition

Engine was pretty naffed - was a c1 2.3 so just a spiffy head job. It has since gone into another car for a repower.

Sorry About the picture, DOES NOT do it any justice (phone cam ugghhhhh)!

Will pull out my good photos tonight.

Yep the ECU we are designing would be great for your M20 turbo, is it running yet?

Hey if the guy with the big brakes is interested in selling them still let me know!

This car is already certed by Neil Fraser w/ custom slotted discs it brakes pretty well, but you know theres an extra 60+ kgs at the front! (i.e the intercooler pipes and front bumper DO NOT like speedbumps!).

Just a few weeks ago cut the manifold in half and flipped it around - using the old log style PERFECT for turbocharging)

Has Custom water injection for keeping the Knock Monster at bay - this is another thing our ECU will do EXTREMELY WELL - not that im pushing it or anything! :rolleyes:

Ive been told its the only certed one in NZ so far, I have seen others try and fail (.....PATIENCE is the word).

Right now I have a fibreglass bodykit part that goes under the NON F/L chrome bumper and hides that ugly anti-stone chip sheetmetal bit - makes the old ones look a million times better.

Also have mtec 2 replica side skirts and front bumper - side skirts for 4 door.

like my genuine mtec 1 front for $40??? i feel sorry for the guy really.. :P

Hi again all,

The ECU will be fully tunable with software ANYONE can use at home. I will keep you updated with my install and for release dates.

It will do any size injectors, almost any ignition system (i will be ditching the dizzy rotor setup and using 1 coil for each cylinder for good spark)

Multiple auxiliary outputs and easy transition to NOS solenoid control.

I am working on (in my own words) one of the most sophisticated water injection systems available - control is completely integrated into the ECU

No dyno as yet as we are an electronics company so we will most likely need to outsource this.

Mirrors came from england, got the ones with indicators so I could shave of the ugly side repeaters on the body. :bounce:

Man your cars wicked... I kinda dont like the chromies though. ^_^ but i spose thats your own choice....

Emma.

sounds awesome...mtech 1 front for $40?? nice! dont have the front alpina snow plough thing do ya? still got the big brakes for sale....i dont have wheels to go over them! what are the custom slotted discs like? could know a few $ of price if you wanted to chuck em my way too....gonna be needing new brakes sometime...just check the for sale section

projected costs for ecu would be awesome....would it work fine with a stockish M20?

OK more answers -

ECU would definitely work with a stock M20, but I would think that you would only want it if you do something to it that is outside the scope of the factory computer. If you want more power, put a turbo on the hot side of the engine THEN put a computer in.

Funnily enough, the chrome wheels will be out next, with either a 5 stud conversion or serious body widening to combat traction problems!

It is amazing the difference slotting the rotors makes, the certifier was laughing before he tried out my brakes when I said they were still stock size but was quietly amazed by the stopping power. Highly recommended upgrade. Like the Race brakes speel says! You could buy from them, and I did try but my wallet wasnt that large! So I had them custom made by a legendary engineer, I can price up having more done if interested.

do have the front piece with the Alpina name and pinstriping on it, but I painted over it becoz it was black with gold pinstriping.

The car still has the Alpina stripes right down the sides but the plonker I bought it from painted over them so you can still see the ridges!

could know a few $ of price if you wanted to chuck em my way too....gonna be needing new brakes sometime...just check the for sale section

Yep we could work something out if you wanna do a trade, your brakes will fit under my wheels.

Nice work.

Hope you have a LSD in that puppy!?!

More pics req'd of course!!

Thanks

There has been some minimization of the allowable rotation of the factory differential (READ : Locked Diff) :pimp: until a suitable replacement can be found or I go to england and get one myself

Sorry again proper pictures will come tomorrow kinda havent proved the engines in there yet have I! :banghead:

haha just had a look at ya plate...did ya buy that off a guy called vince? nice

Nice work.

Hope you have a LSD in that puppy!?!

More pics req'd of course!!

Thanks

There has been some minimization of the allowable rotation of the factory differential (READ : Locked Diff) :pimp: until a suitable replacement can be found or I go to england and get one myself

Sorry again proper pictures will come tomorrow kinda havent proved the engines in there yet have I! :banghead:

LOL, understeer city then cronic oversteer mixed with a bit of CV destroying action.

All good fun

ahh this car is really nice, i saw it in person once in rotorua.

that engine sounds nutty, id be excited to hear torque and kw figures when you get your new ECU in. keep us posted

more pics will be highly appreciated.

cheers

haha just had a look at ya plate...did ya buy that off a guy called vince? nice

Plate was our invention, no guy named 'Vince' involved. Only other good way to spell it(with the s) is on a black porsche I have seen here in Aucks.

Engine pics in new thread in this section

Body pics in ride section (cheers for moving it)!

Will be dynoed ASAP, definitely when installing ECU. :bounce:

Guest Andrew

yeah a black 911 has that plate.. Neil Fraser is a good dude. Certed my car also. I admit when I saw your car I was like "wow another pimped 318" hah.

yeah a black 911 has that plate.. Neil Fraser is a good dude. Certed my car also. I admit when I saw your car I was like "wow another pimped 318" hah.

318 hah.... I took one for a test drive for a mate from a place on wairau road, and I can officially say I have been spoiled as far as driving any other E30 goes.

It just feels like the monkey under the bonnet has well and truly died :wacko:

So my reason for starting the post was to see if anyone else had done anything similar, any takers????????

any plans to?????

all i wanna know is how many psi of vt@k your running, and if there are counter weights for the mad chr()mies y0.

nah like the engine, the rest meh people like there own things