Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

Problem getting at screw to remove glove box

Hi,

Currently trying to remove my glovebox to give it a very good tidy up but i can't seem to get at the last screw.

in this image http://www.bmwe36blog.com/image-viewer.php...lovebox/image01 it would be screw F that i am unable to remove due to the angle and the door of the glove box?

Anyone got advice on how to get it out?

I have a screwdriver like the one in the bottom right of the link below. It lives in my "awesome" tool drawer, reserved for those tools that do a task that no ordinary tool can do.

http://www.tradezone.co.nz/catalogue/produ...mp;productid=75

guess i'll wait til my dad gets home to see what tools hes got. Doesn't like it when i go prowling through his tools as i tend to forget to put somethings back sometimes:p

Easiest to use is a stumpy screwdriver. But I just used a normal one angled slightly past the door... shouldn't be too hard.

I had my box out the other day and as long as you have a long enough blade on the screw driver you should just be able to screw it out (philips). If you are taking your glove box out be careful when putting it back in as there are two lock tabs at the top and if you don't have them clip in properly you will end up with the front door sagging on your glovebox.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had my box out the other day and as long as you have a long enough blade on the screw driver you should just be able to screw it out (philips). If you are taking your glove box out be careful when putting it back in as there are two lock tabs at the top and if you don't have them clip in properly you will end up with the front door sagging on your glovebox.

Posted Image

Posted Image

managed to get it out after all with some patient and a long screw driver

cheers