Sign in to follow this  
allan

Air bag sensor light on

Looking at a 98 E36 ti that has the air bag light on. The owners had a auto sparky look at it and was told it was a common problem and easy to fix. What I would like to know is is the fault with the sensor pad, wiring connection or something else and what cost to get this repaired properly thanks for any help.

Cheers Allan

quite often the passenger seat sensor isin't it?

Get it scanned to find out the exact cause of the fault.

So many things throw up the fault

Looking at a 98 E36 ti that has the air bag light on. The owners had a auto sparky look at it and was told it was a common problem and easy to fix. What I would like to know is is the fault with the sensor pad, wiring connection or something else and what cost to get this repaired properly thanks for any help.

Cheers Allan

Allan, quite likely one of the faults you mention but as has already been said - get it scanned to confirm otherwise anything is just a guess.

Thanks for the help anyone got an idea of the cost to replace the sensor pad will give me a bargaining angle if I decide to make an offer on it.

Cheers Allan

sensor pad + fitting 6 - 800

Any BMW mechanic should have a computer they plug into the loom to find all probs etc like fault codes and that sort of stuff, just get your favored or trusted BMW mechanic to have a look at it. When i worked at a BMW service center we had a lot of these airbag sensor light problems and a lot of them were cheap easily fixed.

Diagnostic Scanner Tool its called.

Edited by SiK BeeMa Bro