Sign in to follow this  
E30TOY

Need help

Hey guys

Im having trouble finding the wiring diagram for m42 318is/ti, i have the motor and gearbox all in place in the engine bay, i have deloomed the motor as i finish of all the rebuild of the engine, my problem is that all the wiring diagrams are u.s wich they use positive to ground instead of negitve to ground, i relise that heaps of people have done this conversion but still over the net there is no u.k wiring diagrams, the only problem i face is the plug to the fuse box that goes from the m42 does not match the m40 fuse box plug, both plugs are female plugs, if i can get the wiring diagram ill have this project finaly fished. i will be going to see ray at hell bm to get a m40 plug but then all i will need is a diagram

cheers maka

Hey guys

Im having trouble finding the wiring diagram for m42 318is/ti, i have the motor and gearbox all in place in the engine bay, i have deloomed the motor as i finish of all the rebuild of the engine, my problem is that all the wiring diagrams are u.s wich they use positive to ground instead of negitve to ground, i relise that heaps of people have done this conversion but still over the net there is no u.k wiring diagrams, the only problem i face is the plug to the fuse box that goes from the m42 does not match the m40 fuse box plug, both plugs are female plugs, if i can get the wiring diagram ill have this project finaly fished. i will be going to see ray at hell bm to get a m40 plug but then all i will need is a diagram

cheers maka

US using positive to ground - Don't think so! That was used to wire dinosours

US using positive to ground - Don't think so! That was used to wire dinosours

yea taa mate, had a re read back though the manuals, thank you for you in put

Have you got some pictures yet? did you use the e36 loom?

Hey could do with some help if someone has a e30 318is m42 if they could take some photoes of there wiring loom, and the plug to the fuse box, would be a great help, just need to see where everything goes as my loom is out of a e36 man m42

cheers