Sign in to follow this  
bmw_tonci

e30 going manual

hey guys,

im considering buying a e30 325i AUTO and converting it to a manual. my question is that i know alot of people on here have done manual conversions and therefore could indicate how much it would cost, how hard it is to do myself etc.

hey guys,

im considering buying a e30 325i AUTO and converting it to a manual. my question is that i know alot of people on here have done manual conversions and therefore could indicate how much it would cost, how hard it is to do myself etc.

Ray at HellBM I believe does drive in drive out conversions for a very reasonable price (Give him a call to find out). Edited by Nick021

Yeah I would contact Ray. I was gonna get one done on my old car through him.

I did one recently & frankly wouldnt bother DIYing again-get Ray to do it.

As to cost,altho I'm sure you could do it much cheaper,with lightened flywheel,diff,new bearings,master & slave,Z3 short shift kit etc etc etc there was fa left out of 2k.

piece of piss mate, pedal box is hardest part. You do need a few tools. Theres plenty of people on here that would gladly give you a hand though Im sure. Ill give you a hand if you get stuck.

Most drive in drive out services for E30's are around $1350 where as you can get parts for $600-800 so it all depends on how striped for cash you are but Ray at HELLBM does offer a fantastic service and the parts he uses and sells are all of top 2nd hand quality. I, along with several close friends have used him for about 6 months now and would highly recommend to anyone.