Sign in to follow this  
bwells

735i air con

I am currently looking at buying a 1989 735i that has a missing air conditioning compressor. To try and get a correct replacement for it, I need the old one to get code numbers off of it . Unfortunately, the old compressor was binned years ago. Could someone with a similar car please help me with code / model numbers from their own compressor? This would be a great help

Unfortunately, I have no idea whether they are the same or not. It seems that no one really does know - unless you have the old one to compare to, you're a bit lost. If someone would be so kind as to read the actual code numbers off their own 735i air con pump, that would probably go a long way towards solving the problem. Thanks for your help guys - it's much appreciated

in the EPC, they come up as different part numbers. So - unless you want to modify / make brackets, It wont fit. Also - the pully may be different. Don't know the compatability between air con units, but a pressor is a pressor .