Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

Line lock / adjustable brake bias with ABS

Are there any of the aforementioned kits available to fit cars with ABS? or does anybody know if it affects the operation of the ABS?

Want to be able to set up a braking launch control system with it..

E.G: http://www.atomicperformance.com/bandmlaun...inelockkit.aspx

But an adjustable version..

Hope that makes sense :)

Edited by KSMYRS

Are there any of the aforementioned kits available to fit cars with ABS? or does anybody know if it affects the operation of the ABS?

Want to be able to set up a braking launch control system with it..

E.G: http://www.atomicperformance.com/bandmlaun...inelockkit.aspx

But an adjustable version..

Hope that makes sense :)

I would imagen it would play havoc with the abs if you go locking up wheels when spinning the others. ummm not to sure if you can get a kitset for certain cars though. sorry i cant help to much. imo i would just pull the abs fuse and then make a setup that works.

Wouldn't it be better to look at a rev limiter launch control?

Might need aftermarket ecu for that tho....

The kit in the link is to stop you rolling backward or forward on the start line and wont control whether your wheels spin or not. A lauch control which limits the power to the wheels via ignition cut may be more useful for getting off the line without lots of wheel spin. Depends what your looking for, a way to control wheel spin or a way to stop rolling at the start line or maybe both.

I have seen luanch control which Heath is talking about as a little box you can add which does the job without an aftermarket ecu.

Depends what your looking for, a way to control wheel spin or a way to stop rolling at the start line or maybe both.

Prefer both.. + Ability to have only the front brakes operating.. Naturally :P

But yes, pulling the ABS fuse and making something that works may be a plan..

Edited by KSMYRS

a lot of modern cars go into limp home mode when the abs fuse is pulled might be worth checking on that...

Its an '88

So not to modern..

Edit: With that one I posted does it not make it just hold the front brakes and when the clutch is released it hits a micro switch which opens a solenoid which in turn releases the front brakes?

Would it not be possible to put a bypass switch for the micro switch so that if you wanted the solenoid closed permanently/momentarily (i.e without brakes releasing when clutch is released) Make sense?

Would it work?

Edited by KSMYRS

Edit: With that one I posted does it not make it just hold the front brakes and when the clutch is released it hits a micro switch which opens a solenoid which in turn releases the front brakes?

Would it not be possible to put a bypass switch for the micro switch so that if you wanted the solenoid closed permanently/momentarily (i.e without brakes releasing when clutch is released) Make sense?

Would it work?

If i read that correctly you are right on both counts. The brake is released when the clutch is let out. If the signal was interupted via a swith they would stay on until the secondary switch closed/opened. This could be done with an adjustable timer maybe. Dropping the clutch with a set of wheels locked would put alot of load on the gearbox and diff.