Sign in to follow this  
sadida20

1987 Motorsport 325i

Hi

I am about to purchase a 1987 325i Motorsport. Black. 5 speed 2 door. with bodykit., sunroof .

How do i know its a genuine motorsport.The seller swear black and blue its one . I drove it it was amazing to drive and was VERY quick and sounded amazing.

They have owned the car 15 years and the previous owber was NZ car club chairman.

Its got IRS

dont know what more i can tell you

Black headliner and shadowline, there are more differences aswell that only M325i had.

Edited by petone

Hi

I am about to purchase a 1987 325i Motorsport. Black. 5 speed 2 door. with bodykit., sunroof .

How do i know its a genuine motorsport.The seller swear black and blue its one . I drove it it was amazing to drive and was VERY quick and sounded amazing.

They have owned the car 15 years and the previous owber was NZ car club chairman.

Its got IRS

dont know what more i can tell you

Gerry (the current Club Chairperson) did used to have a M325i (years ago), so if it was the same Club Chairman, then it is a genuine M325i.

Cheers

Guest Spargo

Yea, it aint if it hasn't got a blakc headliner.

Team McMillan used to chuck the kit and wheels on basic spec 325i's they had trouble selling, beware.

No window chrome

black headliner

pop out windows

LSD

M-tec suspension

15" rims

twin map reading lights on the rear view mirror

Cheers for that

Im pretty sure it is a motorsport.

what about if i take it in to BMW can they tell?

when you sit in the drivers seat look straight up...is the cloth black?

easy question....yes or no

if it has the LSD, kit, wheels, then who cares if its a genuine MS as it has all the good bits

Maybe it was one of the 325i Cilk Wurm was talking about, brought into NZ as 325 then had kit, etc put on and resigistered as a M325i? I think you can take the VIN to BMW dealer and they will tell you for certain. I dont think the registration is much to go by, if so my car is a BMW 3181.

off topic but what do you mean about the pop out windows?

I dont think the registration is much to go by, if so my car is a BMW 3181.

Exactly, and mine is registered as a 320i. :D

Maybe it was one of the 325i Cilk Wurm was talking about, brought into NZ as 325 then had kit, etc put on and resigistered as a M325i? I think you can take the VIN to BMW dealer and they will tell you for certain. I dont think the registration is much to go by, if so my car is a BMW 3181.

pop out windows as in like what all bmw coupes have in the back how they pop out to let air into the rear seats

Guest Andrew

pop out windows as in like what all bmw coupes have in the back how they pop out to let air into the rear seats
my 320 coupe never got no pop-out windows

ok then most (not all) coupes got them

well all coupes i been in got them

my uncle even got electric ones in his e36

Edited by bimmer boy

im sure rear opening windows was a option

maybe its a south african thing

oh yea speaking of south africa has anyone seen that thing on tv ages ago about crime in SA and how some SA e36 got equipt with a flamfrower under the car as safety against car jackers and u flick a switch and push down on the accelerator and flames come out the side of the car!

i sure it wouldnt do too many favours to the paint but its a cool option

any way back on topic

I've got pop out windows in the rear and so does my brother ...

He's got the electrical version .. and i've got the manual but had the option at factory to make it electrical ..