Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Re Mapping Factory ECU

Mops a MS write would be interesting...gains/how to do etc

uses a MAP sensor?

Mops,

This Software you have for programing the Motroinc?

Can it operate with an emulator so that real time adjustments can be made?

Cheers,

Rich.

1. ok. re megasquirt install writeup...i wont be repeating what you can find on www.e30tech.com... there's a dude there, his handle is iXer - he's a bloody legend... wrote several MS/vems m20 tuning guides.... besided... megasquirt manual says it all really.

2. i havent finished tuning my ms2 yet, due to several reasons... first i had issues with my custom made crank pickup, which I *think* we sorted out just last wednesday, but thats not confirmed yet. secondly, it's because i hardly use the car, since i got a motorbike... seriously.. i use my car to go food shopping and thats about it.... everywhere else i take bike.

3. remember, i'm not an 'expert' tuner. I learned about megasquirt, then installed it myself then tuned it myself - i have no prior experience in ECU, EFI or engine managnment, but I'm a hard out DIY dude and nothing is hard/difficult enough for me to prevent me from attempting it. I just followed instructions and stuff. WOT areas are relatively easy to tune... you just want as much advance as you possibly can a ndA/F ratio of about 12.5:1. It's the idle/cruise areas that are hard to tune out to be smooth yet economical. if you dont care about economy, tuning is really easy... but thats not my style.

4. regarding bosh ecu editing software... I'm not sure exacly. I just had a brief play around with it, i'm not sure whats all there... it it not very user friendly... if you dont know what you are doing then probably you wont have an idea what do do with it... it's not like megasquirt tuning software, which is easy and realitevely user-friendly.

5. if anybody can hook me up with some cheap dyno time, I'd be keen. I'm estimating 1-2 hours of dyno time I could tune my engine completly. right now i'm just road tuning, which is not as accurate....

6. if anybody is keen to put MS or vems in his E30 (or any other car for that matter), I'm keen to help out with information and even work :) If anybody feels keen to come by and have a look at my contraption/etc, feel free to drop me a pm...

Edited by mops