Sign in to follow this  
dirtydoogle

e38's with higher km?

lol my mate is selling his manual 535i e34 for $5k

not even an is model

The 535iS is a marketing ploy, the only model with this designation was a badge engineered British market car.

The NZ new models fitted with the manual box, designated HD12, were some of the best spec'd E34's in the world.

In NZ there are a number of the dealers that subsequently sold the manuals as iS's, but if you ask BMW NZ, they were just a 535 manual transmission fitted wih a heap of options.

When the cars were first released back in '88, the "standard" spec was a manual, with a automatic option.

There have been a heap of British manual cars (watch out for rust) imported, and these are generally designated M535i (I think only model year 88/89), Sport or iS, as the base models, and SE as the upper spec model. The NZ New cars were better spec'd than the SEs, and you can usually tell the British cars as they don't have climate air conditioning, which was included on all the NZ new 535i's

Edited by rxsumo

The 535iS is a marketing ploy, the only model with this designation was a badge engineered British market car.

The NZ new models fitted with the manual box, designated HD12, were some of the best spec'd E34's in the world.

In NZ there are a number of the dealers that subsequently sold the manuals as iS's, but if you ask BMW NZ, they were just a 535 manual transmission fitted wih a heap of options.

When the cars were first released back in '88, the "standard" spec was a manual, with a automatic option.

There have been a heap of British manual cars (watch out for rust) imported, and these are generally designated M535i (I think only model year 88/89), Sport or iS, as the base models, and SE as the upper spec model. The NZ New cars were better spec'd than the SEs, and you can usually tell the British cars as they don't have climate air conditioning, which was included on all the NZ new 535i's

and the NZ cars nearly all had electric seats(sports seats).I think one i have seen didnt .Most of the pommy cars seem to have manual seats.Not such a big deal but the elecrtic ones can be adjusted to minute increments.I change the seat for different shoes!

cheers, learnt something new today :)

yea my mate's one is an UK import, manual '89 535i

he had to get quite a bit of rust removed from behind the rear bumper

pretty basic spec except it has an AC Schnitzer body kit and wheels fitted

cheers, learnt something new today :)

yea my mate's one is an UK import, manual '89 535i

he had to get quite a bit of rust removed from behind the rear bumper

pretty basic spec except it has an AC Schnitzer body kit and wheels fitted

i would venture to suggest an NZ new e34 will never be rusty...they are mostly galvanised(e 34 that is) would need very harsh conditions for an NZ one to rust.

I'll keep on the look out guys.

My older brother just offered me his E36 as a swap with cash his way. It drives nice, superbly slow though, but, as a daily driver I don't mind.