Sign in to follow this  
entscheidend

Genuine Towbar - is there and how to fit?

We need to tow a skidoo - the tourer has no towbar and my question is is there a retrofit kit (tow bar, electronics, wiring etc to tap into the check control module blah blah)

There is a kit on realoem and also I believe Pelican Parts in the USA sell it.

Has anyone done something like this - available in NZ?

Cheers

Have you tried the dealers ?? You could also try Best Bars as well

what model do you have?

have several e34 units about the place

cheers marty

E39 525i - I thought of dealers but I gather they will be pricey.

Will E34 bolt on to E39?

I have seen one with tow kit from factory and there is a Towing electronic box next to the spare wheel - I presume this is what you need to get "check trailer tail lights" etc on the dash.

Thecar also has PDC - if you go aftermarket is there a way of overriding this without beep beep when you reversing?

E39 525i - I thought of dealers but I gather they will be pricey.

Will E34 bolt on to E39?

I have seen one with tow kit from factory and there is a Towing electronic box next to the spare wheel - I presume this is what you need to get "check trailer tail lights" etc on the dash.

Thecar also has PDC - if you go aftermarket is there a way of overriding this without beep beep when you reversing?

E34 & E39 are completly different. If you buy genuine, the control unit will turn rear PDC off when the trailer plug is connected or you can turn rear PDC off permanently with Navcoder or GT1. As I said before... try Best Bars they do all the BMW towbars under contract to BMW NZ Ltd.

E34 & E39 are completly different. If you buy genuine, the control unit will turn rear PDC off when the trailer plug is connected or you can turn rear PDC off permanently with Navcoder or GT1. As I said before... try Best Bars they do all the BMW towbars under contract to BMW NZ Ltd.

Cheers Glenn