Sign in to follow this  
mattgoldsbro

E36 coupe Electric window problem

1996 E36 328i Coupe

(previous add below) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all have just been to an auto sparkie as my drivers side window would not go up. We have managed to get window up for time being but seems i will need a new control unit which is located under glovebox.

Has anyone on here got one for sale ??

Part # GMIV-LOW 12v

BMW 61 35-8 369 483

109 110 (499508 -white stamp)

HW 1.45W1.3

Is a black box/unit with yellow and blue sockets to one side / sorry no photo.

Any help much appreciated, am located in Christchurch

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13/01/10

Hi all i recently put an add up on here for a replacement window control unit, as my drivers side window was stuck in the down posistion. Thanks to Ray from Hellbm i was able to get a replacement part and a good price ( Thanks Ray).

So i changed the parts over and was working all good again untill yesterday when window was again stuck in lowered posistion. I can here the contol unit clicking when i hold button in both up and down posistion on the switch , but nothing from the window ???

When i originally had the auto sparkie look at this problem he told me he was pretty sure the control unit was the problem.

Is there anything else it could be ?? The window motor was tested and seemed to be fine. Seems weird that worked for a little while with replacement part but now back to square one ??

Any help / ideas would be great thanks

Matt

The window motors give alot of problems on coupes. Waste of time using second hand ones on the coupes. We fitted 2 into a members car yesterday.

The window motors give alot of problems on coupes. Waste of time using second hand ones on the coupes. We fitted 2 into a members car yesterday.

Thanks Glenn , will look at replacing the motor !!

The a annoying thing is just after posting this topic, tried window again and it worked.

The motor does seem to be making alot of noise though, so will replace.

Cheers

Guest Simon*

Plastic clicking noise?

Recently had to replace my driver's door regulator after it chewed all the plastic teeth inside the regulator. It would wind down but not up :) Motor whirred away fine the whole time

Plastic clicking noise?

Recently had to replace my driver's door regulator after it chewed all the plastic teeth inside the regulator. It would wind down but not up :) Motor whirred away fine the whole time

E36 doesnt have the cable type regulator though Simon

Guest Simon*

Haha ok, well now he knows what to do when he downgrades to an E34 :)

Fixed :P

Edited by *Glenn*

sorry for the hi-jack, same topic but different window issue

my window, if I hold down the Up button, or press it so it goes up automatically,

it will more often than not go up a few centimetres then go back down a few centimetres

from what I've read on the internet, it's a common problem to do with the magnet slipping out of place

my question is ... is it an easy enough DYI fix?

it looks to be simple enough on the internet, but never tried fixing an electric window before

and should I replace the window motor or is it ok to just re-seat the magnet? (ie I don't want to have to do it again in 6 months time)

sorry for the hi-jack, same topic but different window issue

my window, if I hold down the Up button, or press it so it goes up automatically,

it will more often than not go up a few centimetres then go back down a few centimetres

from what I've read on the internet, it's a common problem to do with the magnet slipping out of place

my question is ... is it an easy enough DYI fix?

it looks to be simple enough on the internet, but never tried fixing an electric window before

and should I replace the window motor or is it ok to just re-seat the magnet? (ie I don't want to have to do it again in 6 months time)

Fit a new motor... damn near impossible to fix on a coupe

ok cheers mate, thank you for the quick reply

I think I'll drop it into Page Euro and get them to sort it, good blokes that work there

ok cheers mate, thank you for the quick reply

I think I'll drop it into Page Euro and get them to sort it, good blokes that work there

I can get a genuine (new) motor if you need one cheaper than the dealers

Edited by *Glenn*

I can get a genuine (new) motor if you need one cheaper than the dealers

What's the price on one of these Glenn? I have the same problem as Wom. Edited by *Glenn*

What's the price on one of these Glenn? I have the same problem as Wom.

They are on back order ATM... about 4 weeks $465.oo + Gst. They are genuine parallel imports

Edited by *Glenn*

Nasty Glenn editing my posts!

I might have to delete the whole thread! :D

Took you a while to notice Si :P