Sign in to follow this  
pommy

bleeding slave

Hi all sorry for another question about bleeding the slave!!!

I am having a problem getting my pedal back I replaced my clutch mastercylinder late last year was fine! then recently I filled up at the station when i went to start it back I had no pedal?

so towed it home tried to bleed the slave nothing really was happening, so I have just replaced the slave with a new one. and there was lots of air bubbles with fluid coming through but I was bleeding with a helper for 1.5 hours and still no pedal!!!!

can anyone help to see where I have gone wrong!

thanks.

Hi all sorry for another question about bleeding the slave!!!

I am having a problem getting my pedal back I replaced my clutch mastercylinder late last year was fine! then recently I filled up at the station when i went to start it back I had no pedal?

so towed it home tried to bleed the slave nothing really was happening, so I have just replaced the slave with a new one. and there was lots of air bubbles with fluid coming through but I was bleeding with a helper for 1.5 hours and still no pedal!!!!

can anyone help to see where I have gone wrong!

thanks.

Check your methodolgy. could it be that you have a split hose between the master and slave? and so maybe nothing wrong with the slave?

Or the new master has died.Was the original slave definately shot?

Similar happened to me when i did a conversion.

Check you havent bent the master cylinder rod with all the pumping-I did.

Normally if you just swapped the slaves it would need very little bleeding.

This has happened to me every time I have tried to bleed the clutch. I made a vacuum setup using a glass jar. Take the vacuum off the Inlet manifold at the back above the rocker cover.

Just drill the appropriate sized hole in the lid and make sure its a tight fit. Also have the vacuum pipe up near the top so the fluid doesn't go through the engine. It works perfectly. I got the pipe from Mitre 10. Take the bleed nipple with you to get the right size.

Heres a quick paint diagram lol

post-2012-1263715040.jpg

That above method is just getting too complicated. Sorry, just have someone pump the clutch upon your instruction, and bleed it.

Pump, hold, unscrew, tighten, release. Repeat. Until it's flowing, no bubbles, clear fluid.

Leave the cap off the reservoir also. As mentioned above, could be the MC, the lines, or your not bleeding it properly, IE someone sucked fluid back in with the pedal, and its messing the process up all the time.

That above method is just getting too complicated. Sorry, just have someone pump the clutch upon your instruction, and bleed it.

Pump, hold, unscrew, tighten, release. Repeat. Until it's flowing, no bubbles, clear fluid.

Leave the cap off the reservoir also. As mentioned above, could be the MC, the lines, or your not bleeding it properly, IE someone sucked fluid back in with the pedal, and its messing the process up all the time.

If the "Pump, hold, unscrew, tighten, release" doesnt work then what other way is there?

thanks for your replies , I have checked every hose and every bolt before I went ahead and changed both the m/c and slave.

the M/c was leaking all over the floor

and the slave seal was all split before I took the gearbox out so rather than getting a seal kit i purchased a new one then I know have covered all areas.

I agree with what someone said may be the bleeding process is messed up I think I need get a new bleed pilot to sit in the car. cos my mate was a bt crap did nt want to tell him!! I did notice a little bit of air going back when he released the pedal.

I'll try again next weekend!