Sign in to follow this  
Gotheschu

E30 318i or 320i Wanted for around 1500 for E30 Series

Title says it all. Need a base car to build up for the E30 Series. I think most of you know what I need on it but just in case.

I'm looking for an E30 318i preferably. With the M40 Engine and the 4.1 ratio Diff.

It'll be my first car so never had a E30 but apparently theres a tag that specifies the diff ratio.

I'll checking TradeMe daily and Sella. But this site is great with the amount of responses everyone knows everyone so I'm sure or at least hoping someone has a 318 or 320 thats unwanted.

AS LONG AS ITS MANUAL, WORKS AND GOOD CONDITION ITS GOOD. 4 DOOR 2 DOOR 318 or 320. If its running has a reg on hold or current and a WOF all good.

Thanks!!

Edited by Gotheschu

I think you will spent a year to search a 318i M40 with 4.1 diff ratio for 1500 dollars

Don't listen to Mitch, there are some out there, just be patient

Don't listen to Mitch, there are some out there, just be patient

Sure, Saw one lately for under 1500 and one over which you saw Fox. Problem was they both sold =(

So they're out there =)

pm'd to keep others from purchasing lol.

Thanks sadly I think its sold....

what makes you think that? heres the link to those interested. With a bottom end rebuild that seems like a pretty good weapon of choice.

cheers.

http://www.te.co.nz/te-motors/Cars/BMW/318i/adId-5650949.htm

Cause the same car was on Sella. I emailed him he said sold. But since its still up I did text him asking.

Cause the same car was on Sella. I emailed him he said sold. But since its still up I did text him asking.

Just got a call from him and it is sold. =( Ill keep looking =)

It would be cheaper to buy one already done

You can get them from $12,000 -- $20,000 depending on how fast they are ????

:rolleyes:

It would be cheaper to buy one already done

You can get them from $12,000 -- $20,000 depending on how fast they are ????

:rolleyes:

I don't have the money. I'm doing a basic build and putting better parts on as I get more money. I have money for car cage tyres and tune. All everything that I need to get past the offical etc.

Can't remember of by heart.

Patience is a virtue.

Nah its a pain in the ass

Nah its a pain in the ass

Try some local wreckers? they may have a mostly complete car. I know theres a M40 318i Manual here which looks straight enough, it's only missing springs and a few other parts.

Don't limit yourself to a coupe, there are some 4 doors in the series, and they don't seem handicapped at all, wish I could say the same about their drivers? :P

Don't limit yourself to a coupe, there are some 4 doors in the series, and they don't seem handicapped at all, wish I could say the same about their drivers? :P

I have to be honest and try not to sound cocky here but in time ( however long that is ) I want to be near the front with this car. I've always thought a coupe would be easier to handle threw the corners. But again I'm not expert so if a 4 door can be built up to the best the regulations allow and win races then Im all for it =)

Edited by Gotheschu

No difference in handling or setup. A 4 dr won the 2nd year IIRC, and there are 4drs in the top 10 at the moment. The top 318 is a 4 dr, Brent Allen's no. 64, check out the pics in the Hampton Downs thread.

No difference in handling or setup. A 4 dr won the 2nd year IIRC, and there are 4drs in the top 10 at the moment. The top 318 is a 4 dr, Brent Allen's no. 64, check out the pics in the Hampton Downs thread.

I'm over the moon!!!

Because few days back a member asked me if I was interested in a 320i 4 door for 600 =D I just asked him on the health of the car and stuff. So hope its a manual and all good. but 600 Which saves me a lot of coin (concidering my budget) gives me heaps of room for the roll cage, tyres, springs, shocks and repair worn components/wires

Just had another look, and Dan's car, Driftit, is a 4 dr as well, along with at least 6 others.

Just had another look, and Dan's car, Driftit, is a 4 dr as well, along with at least 6 others.

Yea the guy who messaged me was username Rich.

Yea, this is a big help if all goes well.

Make sure it's reged or at least on hold, dereged would be a pain to get back on the road.

Make sure it's reged or at least on hold, dereged would be a pain to get back on the road.

That was the first thing I asked in the message I sent.

So that 320 manual 4 door that i posted up from the auctions for a $0 reserve might have been a really good buy then...

It was listed at 0 - 500 for indicated price...

No Heath, their stuff is mostly dereged, as that one was. Pity, that's how they sell the damaged ones.